It's easy to connect your Microsoft Exchange email account to BuzzStream.
For accounts on the Starter Plan - Please Note: Exchange email connection options are not available for the Starter Plan. If you want to be able to use the Exchange email connection but are currently on the Starter Plan you'll need to upgrade your account. To see a list of our plans view our pricing page.
Exchange Server details and Requirements
Currently, we support Exchange 2010 and 2013. If you're running Exchange 2007 you will need to connect with IMAP and SMTP. Instructions can be found here. Please Note: If you use Outlook at work, but are unsure if your email is hosted on Exchange, please ask your IT department.
Requirements for your Exchange Server:
In order for BuzzStream to connect to your Exchange email account, the following things are required. If you are unsure if your Exchange Server is set up to accommodate the requirements or have questions about your Exchange setup, please ask your IT department
- Firewall exceptions enabled - The following five IP addresses need two-way traffic to the Exchange Server.
Directions for Connecting BuzzStream to your Exchange Server
- First, click the Settings icon in the bottom left corner of BuzzStream.
- Go to the Connect to Email tab and select Exchange. If you already have an email account connected then click 'Add Email Account" Before you get started, make sure you have the following information and settings:
- Exchange Server Address
- Username and the format required (Some Exchange servers require a full email address, just the username, or the domain/username to access the email account. Check with your email provider or IT department for your username requirements.)
- SSL requirements and port number
- Name (required)
- Address (required)
- Password (required)
- Description (It is automatically generated and you can edit it. This is only used in the Connect to Mail settings.)
There are some additional settings options. For details on these see "How do I Connect My Email in my account?"
- Signature (optional)
- Unsubscribe Text (optional)
- Access Setting (optional)
- Send Limit Setting (optional)
If you still receive an error check with your IT team and have them verify the all the connection settings as well as the Requirements details at the top of this document. Once everything has been verified if you are still not able to connect please contact us.