The prospecting toolset takes some of the most time consuming steps of link prospect research and automates them. It takes the prospecting searches you'd normally enter into a search engine, de-duplicates the results, turns them into link prospects and collect the metrics, contact information and site content information you need to evaluate each opportunity.
The Prospecting Toolkit is best suited for advanced link builders (i.e., Those individuals that have a good understanding of how to construct prospecting searches to find link opportunities and who have a command of advanced search operators.
How does the Prospecting toolset work?
1. To start using the Prospecting toolset create a 'Prospecting Profile'. A profile can include up to 20 'Prospecting Searches'. Start by entering a name for the Profile and the Search terms. In this example, we're creating a profile for "Blogger Relations - Guest Post Opportunities.
Next select the Country and the type of Search. Options include web, blog, and news.
2. A Prospecting Profile has 3 additional options. Use the checkboxes for each option to enable them. Options include:
1. Retrieving new results daily
2. Receiving email notifications of new results with the ability to select who receives the email.
3. Make a search inactive
3. When finished click 'Done' to complete your Prospecting Profile and initiate the search.
BuzzStream plugs your Prospecting Searches into a search engine, retrieves the results and converts them into Link Prospects and Links. You'll receive an email confirmation when the Prospecting Search for the profile has been completed.